Brachioplasty Arm Lift
OUR PROCEDURE PRICING – $6000*
A brachioplasty treats excess skin of the upper arms. Many patients that are candidates for brachioplasty have lost weight, but many others have always had a problem with extra skin in their upper arms.
The procedure takes about 3 hours to perform and you can go home on the same day. There is a scar that will run from your elbow area into your armpit. I try to hide this scar on the inner aspect of your arm so it is not visible most of the time. The scar, however, is one of the more prominent in plastic surgery and takes years to fade out. The result of the skin removal is, however, immediate and most people are OK with the scar since their arms look so much better.
RECOVERY AFTER LOWER BODY LIFT
You are up and around the same day. You will wear a compression garment on your arms for about a month. Most people take about a week off from work and three weeks off from the gym. Scar treatment with Embrace ( www.embracescartherapy.com ) is recommended for 6-8 weeks.
RISKS OF Brachioplasty (Arm Lift)
In addition to the usual risks associated with surgery and anesthesia, risks associated with a lower body lift include the following:
- Excess scarring – This can happen, especially if you have a history of bad scar. But even normal scar formers will have additional redness in this scar for a long time – years. However, most people will take the scar as long as their arm is trim.
- Wound healing Issues – More common if you smoke. You MUST stop smoking 4 weeks prior to, and after, surgery. Really, just stop smoking for good.
- Numbness in skin sensation – this can affect the armpit and the upper arm
- Seroma – A collection of fluid under the skin which may need to be drained.
- Need for revisional surgery to correct imperfections
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) – This is a blood clot in the leg which can spread to the lungs. It can be fatal. Make sure you answer our DVT questions honestly. These include such issues as prior stillbirths, prior clots, and birth control or hormone pill use. Also, get out of bed at home at least every other hour when you are awake.
*All pricing includes pre-op/post-op appointments, surgeons fee, and facility/anesthesia fees.