A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures that are commonly performed together for women that have had children and need multiple areas corrected. There is a limit as to what can be done safely, but the procedures listed below are safe in most women that have no underlying illness and are normal weight. The best way to tell if your weight is acceptable for a Makeover is to calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI). Go to an online BMI calculator at: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm and see if your BMI is reasonable. It should be under 30, though in some cases 32 is acceptable.
RISKS OF Mommy Makeovers
In addition to the usual risks associated with surgery and anesthesia, risks associated with a Makeover include the following:
- Unsightly scarring – This can happen, especially if you have a history of bad scars, however, most people will take the scar as long as their abdomen is flat.
- Wound healing Issues – More common if you smoke. You MUST stop smoking 4 weeks prior to, and after, surgery. Really, just stop smoking for good.
- Numbness in skin sensation – very common in the lower abdomen after Tummy tucks. May last 3-4 years
- Seroma – A collection of fluid under the skin after any drains are removed. This is usually from too much activity (movement, riding in cars or busses). Rest!!
- Need for revisional surgery
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) – This is a blood clot in the leg which can spread to the lungs. It can be fatal. Make sure you answer our DVT questions honestly. These include such issues as prior stillbirths, prior clots, and birth control or hormone pill use. Also get out of bed at home at least every other hour when you are awake.
Makeover 1: TT and Mastopexy (no implants) $11,000
Makeover 2: TT and silicone implants (no Mastopexy) $11,500
Makeover 3: TT, Mastopexy, silicone implants $13,900
Makeover 4: TT, BBL and mastopexy (no implants) $12,900
Makeover 5: TT, BBL breast implants (no mastopexy) $13,900
All pricing includes pre-op/post-op appointments, surgeons fee, and facility/anesthesia fees.