A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures that are commonly performed together for women that have had children and need multiple areas corrected. There is a limit as to what can be done safely, but the procedures listed below are safe in most women that have no underlying illness and are normal weight. The best way to tell if your weight is acceptable for a Makeover is to calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI). Go to an online BMI calculator at: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm and see if your BMI is reasonable. It should be under 30, though in some cases 32 is acceptable.
RISKS OF Mommy Makeovers
In addition to the usual risks associated with surgery and anesthesia, risks associated with a Makeover include the following:
- Unsightly scarring – This can happen, especially if you have a history of bad scars, however, most people will take the scar as long as their abdomen is flat.
- Wound healing Issues – More common if you smoke. You MUST stop smoking 4 weeks prior to, and after, surgery. Really, just stop smoking for good.
- Numbness in skin sensation – very common in the lower abdomen after Tummy tucks. May last 3-4 years
- Seroma – A collection of fluid under the skin after any drains are removed. This is usually from too much activity (movement, riding in cars or busses). Rest!!
- Need for revisional surgery
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) – This is a blood clot in the leg which can spread to the lungs. It can be fatal. Make sure you answer our DVT questions honestly. These include such issues as prior stillbirths, prior clots, and birth control or hormone pill use. Also get out of bed at home at least every other hour when you are awake.
Makeover 1: TT and Mastopexy (no implants) $12,000
Makeover 2A: TT and Saline Implants (no Mastopexy) $11,000
Makeover 2B: TT and Silicone Implants (no Mastopexy) $12,000
Makeover 3A: TT, Mastopexy, Saline Implants $14,900
Makeover 3B: TT, Silicone Implants, and Mastopexy $15,900
Makeover 4: TT, BBL and Mastopexy (no implants) $14,900
Makeover 5A: TT, BBL, Saline Implants (no Mastopexy) $14,900
Makeover 5B: TT, BBL and Silicone Breast Implants (no Mastopexy) $15,900
Makeover 6A: TT and BBL $12,800
All pricing includes pre-op/post-op appointments, surgeons fee, and facility/anesthesia fees.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
Mommy makeovers are procedures women usually get after having children, when they want to correct multiple areas of their body. Usually this can be a combination of breast augmentation or reduction, or a Brazilian Butt Lift and a breast lift. You can find a list of the combinations we offer on our mommy makeover page here.
Am I a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is typically a combination of more than one procedure for any mother that have had children and are looking to correct multiple areas on their bodies. We do have a limit to what can be done safely together, but an ideal candidate for a mommy makeover will have no underlying illness and are of a healthy weight and BMI.
Are there any risks to getting a Mommy Makeover?
With surgery you always run the chance of incurring a risk, we do our best to inform our patients of all the risks involved with any procedure during their consultation, but we also have listed some of the risks that are associated with getting a mommy makeover procedure. You can experience unsightly scarring, or wound healing issues. There could be wound healing issues especially if you are a smoker, which is why we urge our patients to stop smoking 4 weeks prior and 4 weeks after surgery. There is numbness in skin sensation
How long is the recovery period?
Recovery period for a mommy makeover could vary since patients are typically getting more than one procedure done. Most procedures depending on what you get could take about 2-4 weeks to recover and we also advise not participating in any sort of strenuous activity during the recovery period.